Sunday, December 4, 2022

Sunday, December 4

 

Happy December!! Yes, the time of craziness is upon us. There is something I keep hearing that I am not sure I have heard before, but it is 'Don't expect me to make any big decisions until after the New Year.' It made me think about school. This is a crazy time with a lot of fun things happening. The kids (and our) brains are in a different place. I am not saying don't teach, but I am asking you to think of some out of the box things you can do during these next couple weeks. For example, this is a great time to support social emotional health with things like Second Step and compliment circles. It is also a great time to review rather than to teach new concepts. I don't think I am telling you anything you don't know, but I want you to know it is ok to shift your instruction during this time. 

First, we have exciting news!!! 

Hi Stoneridge family!

Just wanted to share that our sweet baby girl arrived early Wednesday morning! She sure is a cutie pie and we are absolutely in love with her!

Meet Briar Elise Stubblefield ðŸŽ€
Born 11/30/22 @ 2:34 am
6lbs 8 oz and 20.25 inches


TABS!!!!  The second exciting thing I have to share is WAY less exciting, but still pretty cool. Check out the tabs that have been added to the blog. I think they will be very helpful. Let me know if you have ideas about other things I should add. 

PACK Assembly Change: We are changing the date of our PACK Assembly. It is supposed to be on the 15th, but there is PD on that day. Instead, we are going to integrate the PACK Assembly into the Holiday Sing. We will have a grade level present and then, we will sing a song, and so on. At the end, we will sing a few more songs. I was thinking it would be fun if each grade level were to choose the song we sing after they present. I am open to feedback! I think this will be really great! We will have it in the MP on Wednesday the 21st. The sing is currently scheduled on the calendar at 8am. We could also move the time to 9am. Let me know if your grade level has a preference.  

Second Step Curriculum: A reminder that Second Step is required curriculum. I will be checking in at PLC's on how you are doing with it. I have been checking the usage report online. If you need support logging in or info on how to use it, please let me know. 


Holiday Happenings
Lots will be happening in the next few weeks and schedules or routines may be wonky. Would an extra set of hands be appreciated? Can you think of a student(s) that may need extra support? Open this LINK to let us know the date and time of your activity and we will be happy to support.

Parents' Night Out: We are so excited to offer a Parents' Night Out again. Please sign up to help if you can!
Parent's Night Out (PNO) - Thank you Mrs. Larsen, Mrs. Hardy, Mrs. Smith for volunteering so far. That allows us to sign up 30+/- students unless more teachers sign up.  Here's the link if you'd like the extra $ and have time next Friday. Thank you!  Teacher PNO excel sheet sign up

Here are the dress up days for the last week of school:




Did you know... Jen Boyd lives two blocks away from her best friend since 2nd grade from the Bay Area!

Did you know one of our staff members lived for several years and went to Kindergarten in Antigua, a Caribbean island?

What makes you unique??: If you haven't already, please add an interesting fact here: Unique Fact

Coming Up This Week:

Tuesday, 12/6: 2:20pm Staff meeting.

Thursday, 12/8:  2:30pm PTC Meeting.

Friday, 12/9: Flag Salute at 7:50am and Penguin Patch Preview Day.

Birthdays This Week🎈🎉 
Christina DeCuir on December 9th

Fun Fact of the Week:


Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...