Sunday, January 23, 2022

January 23, 2022

 

Anyone else?? Go ahead, have as much coffee as you need this week😂Yesterday was a rough day for the Brooks. We were stressed for the entire Packer/Niner game and it did not come out the way we hoped. That being said, sometimes it feels good to know the season is over and we don't have to stress anymore. Ha! 

Science docent is coming back! Jackie Abbott will be our lead science docent. She will be contacting PLC leads to get things coordinated. We are very excited to be able to bring this back!

PLC Time on Monday: Here is the notes page for your PLC discussions tomorrow: PLC Notes

After last week, I decided it is best if you make a digital copy and share with me. There is a page for each weeks notes in this document. This week, Rori will visit grades 3-5 and I will pop into TK-2. Thank you!

TOSA Tidbits
I was in the middle of a Peloton "reset" ride and was so inspired by one of the tracks that was played! It made me think of the 5:1 praise practice from the PBIS Tier 1 Behavior presentation. Two things stand out to me. 
First, YOU all deserve praise and need to be celebrated for EVERYTHING you do each day. I walk into classrooms with a different set of empty seats each day, students leaving because they don't feel well, and students who are on vacation. Bottom line...they are not here and the flow of instruction is interrupted with all the inconsistencies. Yet when I walk into your classes, there is happiness and productive learning coming from your students. This is a direct reflection of your dedication and flexibility. I praise you! 
Second, I thought it would be an AWESOME walk-up song for students to start their day with. The song and its energy aligns so well with the 5:1 praise practice that many said they appreciated the reminder of in the presentation. 
Here are links to the song...music video or lyrics video. Thank you for everything you do! 

Math Tidbit: Honestly, I think I may have given myself hives watching these videos in one sitting. BUT it was worth it and I will watch them again. WOW! Math has come a LONG way! Never have I worked with every grade level in this way and it has been so enlightening seeing in action the importance of the progression of math concepts across every grade level. The videos help to see where our students have been and where they are going. Each video is applicable to every grade level. I'd love to hear your feedback after you have watched them!    

Graham Fletcher Progression Videos

last Week's Walk Up Song was..... A mistake!! 

Here is the song again: Extra Walk Up Song

This is a test to see if you are playing each week:)

Here is this week's Walk Up Song: Mystery Walk Up Song

Let me know who you think it is! Send me your guesses. Come on, give me a guess!! No really, guess!! How well do you know your co-workers??

If you haven't added your song, here is the form: Walk Up Song


Birthdays This Week🎈🎉
Jessica Brooks- Jan. 24th

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...