Sunday, May 9, 2021

Sunday, May 9

 

Happy Mother's Day to all! Whether you are a mom or celebrating your mom, I hope you have a special day with family. I am starting this blog on Saturday in hopes for some relaxing on Sunday. I do know the most important plans include a game of kickball. We played last year, so that means it is a tradition, right? Ha! I sure hope the parents win again!

So, the end of the year is upon us. Honestly, I feel like it came out of nowhere. Just me? We have things to do like class lists and pinks/blues. Pinks and blues should be completed and given to Luisa. If you need some, she also has extras. Please get them to her by the last day of school. We will get them separated according to class lists created for next year. 

Class Lists: Here is a document to start making class lists. You can work with your grade level to make balanced classes. We will be finding some time for grade levels above and below to work together to talk about the lists. But first, work within your grade level to create classes. 

Class Lists

Student Requests: Each teacher may request three students based on family relationships, having siblings, etc. Here is a document to list your top three requests. There are no guarantees, but everyone will do their best. Please understand, there are ONLY three requests and they are not guaranteed. 

Student Request

Classroom Movement: There is a lot of movement next year. I recommend you coordinate with the person's who classroom you are moving into. I will be providing dates and guidelines for the movement. There will be a dumpster on campus for you to use.  

Data Discussions: On Monday, 5/17 and Tuesday, 5/18, I will be setting up appointments to talk about data and student progress. I will be sending invitations. 

Teacher Appreciation Clarification: Out of good intention, I am afraid I created a bit of a conundrum when I asked for your $100 wish. We thought that PTC was going to be able to make the purchases, but PTC cannot buy personal items for teachers. As a work around, we reached out to parent liaisons for each class and shared the items from your list. It was up to the parent to work with parents in your class and choose something for you. I know that all of you were showered with love this last week! 

Coming Up This Week:

This week, I will be resuming the Character recognition prizes, just don't ask me what character trait we will be recognizing. TBD.

No PLC Leadership Meeting this Wednesday

Friday, Spirit Day: Stoneridge Gear

Wednesday, 5/19, there will be a staff meeting at 3:00 pm. 

Have a Wonderful Day!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...