Sunday, March 26, 2023

Sunday, March 26

 

Just a good reminder for each of us. I know I often find myself thinking 'I will be happy when...' and then I reach that and think 'I will be happy when...' As soon as I realize I am doing this, I remind myself to stop the cycle and to be happy NOW! One of the things that helps me with this is a gratitude journal. Unfortunately, that is one of the first things that gets neglected when I get busy. Quite frankly, that should be my priority because it really shifts my thinking to look for the positive in every situation. Which leads to another of my flaws. I tell myself I can't possibly start now, I have to wait until the right day. I wait until a Monday, the first of the month, or the first of the year. Do you do that too? You convince yourself a new start needs to align with some other 'start.' Bologna! Do those things now! Enjoy the good right now and restart something you have let go, NOW!! 

Speaking of thankful, a quick update on my dad. He is being released from the hospital today. This whole ordeal he has been through has been unbelievable from beginning to end. The onset was as incredible as the recovery. There were a few days where we did not think he was going to make it, but he is going to be OK. We are so thankful. And thank you to all of you for your thoughts and prayers. 

EL Update
  • summative ELPAC testing windowApril 12-19 examiners will either call for your students or pick them up. I do not provide specific times for them to pull your students.
  • ELPAC groupings: examiners test all TK-2 students one on one for all domains. For 3-5, reading, writing, and listening may be pulled as a group and speaking is one on one. 
  • Practice Tests: have your EL students practice for the summative ELPAC: ELPAC Info/Practice and ELPAC Warm-Ups If you have shared the practice links with your families yet, this is a great time to share them. 
  • links to all resources can be found under the "EL Resources" tab in the Stoneridge blog
  • Newcomers-The First 6 Weeks: I am working on a support resource for teachers to give Tier 2 supports for our newcomers with emerging English acquisition. This will have a condensed version of all the amazing resources Jennie has organized for teachers to use. Stay tuned...I will reach out to you soon if you have a "newer" to Stoneridge newcomer to support.  
  • RFEP recognition: at next week's PACK meeting Jessica and I will be recognizing all of our students who were reclassified this year. It is a huge accomplishment to meet all the requirements to reclassify even if the student says they don't really speak another language.  I will be reaching out to invite the parents and will cc you on the email as well. 
  • Please Review: please open and review this ELPAC schedule document by March 31st.  Email me if anything is incorrect:
    1. scroll to find your grade level and name
    2. double check to make sure I have included all of your EL students that are listed in ellevation. RFEP and IFEP students are not included on this list, only current EL students.
    3. double check your prep, library and recess times. 
    4. TK and Kinder: please send me your recess schedule so I can update that if needed. 
    Thank you so much for your help with this! The examiners love coming to Stoneridge to assess because the process is smooth and  students and teachers are flexible and friendly. You rock!
Welcome New Timberwolf
Isaque-1st grade in Mrs Blom's class. He speaks Portuguese, is originally from Brazil, and has recently moved to Roseville from Florida.
Stephanie-5th grade in Mrs Lucero's class. She is a newcomer from Brazil and speaks Portuguese.

Walking Challenge Winner!! This week's walking challenge winner is: Jen Boyd- AGAIN!!! ⭐

Way to go, Jen!! You are moving and grooving! 

Since the winners are per week, you can jump in, if you like. Add your name here:
** Prizes will be distributed at the end of the challenge. 

Reminders and Updates:

Reminder: Please give your field trip lunch count directly to Ana (in the kitchen not her box) TWO weeks prior to your field trip.  Thank you!

Safety: Courtyard Gate
Moving forward we are going to be closing the exterior gate door to the courtyard off the workroom and staff lounge as an added security in case one of the doors into the building is left open. Thanks!

Did you know... Jen Hardy and her sister have the same exact birthmark in the same exact spot.

Did you know one of our staff members met Tori Spelling at the Soap Opera Digest Awards? Who is it?

What makes you unique??: I am almost through my list, so feel free to add another or if you haven't already, please add an interesting fact here: Unique Fact 

Coming Up This Week:

Monday, 3/27: 

Tuesday, 3/28: PBIS Tier 1 Team at 2:20pm

Wednesday, 3/29: Brooks off-site in the AM, SAM Meetings by invite only, Skate Night 5:30-7:30 

Thursday, 3/30: PACK Assembly- Cooperation @ 9:15am (Thinking it will be inside)

Friday, 3/31: Morning Flag Salute at 7:50am: Then, at 2:00pm.....



Birthdays This Week🎈🎉 

Katie Peterson: March 27
Reed Cowen: April 1

Fun Fact of the Week:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...