Sunday, January 24, 2021

Sunday, January 24th


Happy Sunday! Looks like rain is headed our way this week. I put in a request that it only happen before and after school, but we know how that goes! 

Jamey Schrey's blog post this week really hit home for me. She talked about how we are all 'Work In Progress.' Meaning we are always growing, changing and learning. But more importantly, we need to remember that we have the ability to constantly grow, change and learn in ways we may not consider possible. I am 100% guilty of thinking that I am at capacity, if you will, in one way or another. It is not until I challenge myself and push outside my comfort zone that I can say, 'Wow, I am stronger than I thought.' I have one of my favorite quotes in my office, and at home, right where I can't not see it. It is "It if doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you.' Try saying that to yourself every time you are being challenged. You will find yourself changed in a positive way on the other side. 

Why all of this talk about change and challenge?? Because 4 FEET!! Ha! We had things rocking then, 4 feet. We had things rocking then, COVID. We had things rocking then, Zoom. The list goes on and on, but here we are: Stronger, smarter, more flexible than we ever knew we were. We will get through this next challenge and be stronger for it. We've got this!

If you have not filled out this form, please do: Furniture Request I will be figuring things out and keeping each of you in the loop along the way. 

iReady: This year, there is a little more flexibility within the iReady window, but that being said, I would like everyone finished with the diagnostic by Friday, Feb. 12. That way you will have the data available for the end of the trimester and for our PLC discussions on March 1-3. 

Character Trait: This week, we are looking for students that show Kindness Always. 

Coming Up This Week:

Monday, 1/25: 100th Day of School. AKA~ Wear your 'favorite' outfit to school😂

Wednesday, 1/27: Staff Meeting at 2:30pm

Friday, 1/29: College Gear Day



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...