Sunday, January 17, 2021

January 17, 2021

 

Happy Sunday! And what a lovely Sunday it is! Any Sunday before a Monday holiday is lovely💖
A quick check in, how are all of you doing on your 2021 goals? I would love to hear. I have to say, I have been really consistent about my changes and am very proud of myself. I am the queen of starting with great intentions and then quickly falling off! Let's keep going and checking in with one another for accountability! 

Valentines: We will be able to do Valentines. The district is not making any mandates about how it is done other than that students cannot walk around the room putting them in bags. My idea would be to have the bags on your back counter, or even along the wall outside your classroom, and then have one student at a time put their Valentines in each bag. As always, no baked goods from home. Candy is ok. I will be explaining this more at our PLC leadership meeting. 

Report Cards Distribution Date: Please discuss these options in your PLC's. PLC Leads, you can share your preference at our meeting. 

Option 1
Report Cards sent before conferences
Preview 2/17 at noon
Report run by teacher, uploaded to Drive by end of the day on the 17th
Teachers fix any updates by 2/19 7am
Secretaries run reports again by teacher and also grade level span K-2, 3-5 on 2/19, email goes out by the end of the day

Option 2 
Teachers show grades in Otus but not the report card
Report Cards run on 2/26

Option 3 
Run reports on the same timeline as Option 1, but email does not go home until 2/26.  Teachers still have access to the actual report card but it doesn't go home until after conferences.

Conference Week Guidelines: Please see this document regarding conference week. You will need to provide independent work for students to cover the 45-55 minutes mandated by SB98. Conference Week 

PLC Data Meetings: I have March 1-3 from 1:30-3pm blocked out for PLC data discussion meetings. Start thinking about what your PLC time preference might be. We will plan on a 30 min meeting. 

Safety Drills: I will be scheduling Safety Drills including fire, earthquake and shelter in place. Dates will be share soon! 

I loved Crazy Hair Day! The kids really got into it! We will be having more spirit days. I will also be doing another read aloud. I am thinking the 29th for the read aloud. 

Coming Up This Week:

Character Trait of the Week- Looking for students that Choose Safety. See you Tuesday morning! 

IMPORTANT: Wednesday, 1/20, @3:30pm- I would like to have a PLC Leadership meeting. I have an IEP until 3:30, so we cannot do the earlier time. Please let me know if this will not work for PLC Leaders. 

Monday, 1/25: 100th Day of School. Dig through your closets for that favorite outfit! Ha! 

Monday, 2/1: Dine out at Chipotle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...