Sunday, January 31, 2021

 

Happy Sunday and Hello February!! This is a great time to check in on the goals you set for yourself in 2021. Are you still sticking to them? If not, that is ok. It doesn't mean you have to give up on that goal, it means that you simply have to get back on track and keep moving forward. In life, things are going to get in our way, what matters in how we handle it and whether or not we get back on track. Are you on track? 

I am going to accept Jamey Schrey's February challenge. I would love for all of us to do it. I am going to hang her message in my office as a reminder. See below for her 'challenge':

As a #workinprogress, I will try to acknowledge 14 people, not necessarily my closest friends, but others that lift me up that I do not recognize enough with the intention of letting them know that they matter to me. That what they do, who they are, is something that I do not take for granted. Want to join me? On February 1, send someone or tape to their door a heart with a small message that finishes one of these stem starters:

You lift me up when you…

You need to know…

I value you because…

I have meant to thank you for…


Valentines: Please have students bring in their Valentine's on Tuesday and Wednesday (2/9 and 2/10) Each student should have a bag for their Valentine's. (I am guessing you will decorate them in class.) On Friday, you can have students put the Valentines in the bags. Please do this one student at a time and have the bags lined up along the back counter or outside. Let me know if you have questions. Also, you will be providing all of the communication regarding this with your parents/students. I will not be communicating anything. 


4 Foot Spacing Questions Answered...to the best of my ability via email:

Small group work cannot be any more than 3 students at a kidney table. If you would like to work with more than 3 students, you will need to use some of the creative ideas that were discussed. 


There has to be 4 ft between students while they are seated. That is from edge of chair to edge of chair. Back of head to front of head. Back to back. Front to front. Whatever is relevant to your seating. I will be coming around to measure after school tomorrow. 


3 ft 'Fire Lane': Not entirely relevant. As long as there is a pathway for students to have access to exit the room, you are fine. Not an issue to get caught up on. 


6 ft Teacher Guideline: This guideline has not changed. When OSHA comes in, they will not be looking for this- They will be looking at the students. The guideline has always been 6 ft or Plexiglass shield. Use your large plexiglass shield, as needed. 


Not related to 4ft but another question:

Please provide supplemental work during conference week that does not require a Chromebook. You can tell them to complete the PE and Music lessons. They can read for 20-30 minutes and keep a reading log. They can respond to a writing prompt. Or they can draw a picture and write about it. 

These are just suggestions. Make it as easy on yourself as possible, but make sure it is clearly mapped out on Otus. 


Coming Up:

Character Trait of the Week: Leadership

Monday, 2/1: PLC is for report card prep because we have the next two Mondays off. The district is also providing report card PD, if you need it. 

Monday, 2/1: Dine out at Chipotle

Friday, 2/5: Spirit Day- Wear your sports gear!

Monday, 2/8: No School

Monday, 2/15: No School




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...