Sunday, January 10, 2021

January 10, 2021

 

I mean, really. Just when you think things may start getting back to normal-- WAPOW!! We are quickly slapped back to reality. This week brought us yet another monumental historical event. One that I know both you and your students felt greatly. Thank you for how you kept moving forward and guided the discussions in your classrooms with professionalism. Now just hang tight to see what is next. Kidding, not kidding.

Conferences: PLC leads, please let me know if the proposed conference schedule works for your PLC. I will be sharing it with parents next week. 

As far as conference scheduling, we are not going to use the site that has been used in the past. Conferences will be on Zoom, so please use a Google Doc or Sign Up Genius for your parents to pick a time slot. Let me know if you have any questions. 

REMINDERS:

Snack and Recess Minutes: Technically, recess and snack should both be happening within the 15 minute recess window. I understand that is not ideal, so I said you could do snack time before or after recess. That being said, the snack window should be around 5-10 minutes max. They should not also have 15 minutes for snack. As many of you have mentioned, these students are behind academically and we have to be mindful of EVERY minute each day. The more minutes we have to provide instruction, the better! 

Preschool Parking Spots: Please do not park in the spots reserved for Preschool. Those spots are for preschool parents dropping off and picking up. We are trying to teach the preschool parents to park in a spot, instead of the curb, and the spots have been filled by staff. We also emailed a reminder to the preschool staff. 

Gates: Please close the gates when you leave. Not only is it to deter people from coming on campus but also to keep our night custodians safe. If they aren't closed, unfortunately, I will have to put the chains back on them. 

Shout Outs: I need shout outs for Timberwolf TV. Send them my way! Everyone loves seeing the shout outs on Timberwolf TV. 

Playbook App: The app where you can access Jesse's workouts, in addition to a whole library of things, is the Playbook App. Don't forget to let me know if you would like free trial access. We are still working out the details, but will share the info as soon as we have it. 

PLC's on Monday: I will be stopping by your PLC's on Monday to talk about the 2021 document you have been working on. If you haven't shared it with me yet, please do. Also, please share your Zoom links with me. 

Coming up this week:

Character Trait of the Week: Looking for those who 'Act Responsibly'

Staff Meeting this Wednesday, 1/13, at 2:30. I know this was not on the calendar but we will have a staff meeting this Wednesday. 

Friday, 1/15, will be Crazy Hair Day! A student keeps requesting it and I do agree, we should sprinkle in some fun spirit days! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...