Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sunday, November 8

 Happy Sunday! 

Following the idea that Positive Builds Positive, we cannot be truly positive unless we feel positive, ourselves. This is a reminder to take care of YOU. Be mindful to take the time to do something positive for yourself. Self-Care is NOT selfish! I would love to know what you did for yourself this weekend. If you didn't do anything special for yourself this weekend, be sure to put something on your calendar for next weekend and every weekend after that! The thing I did for myself this weekend was sleep. My kids were in bed before 8pm on Saturday and my husband and I followed soon after. Last week was a lot for all of us!! Rest was needed! 

Be sure to wear your masks! I am not saying you haven't, what I am saying is that we have to be super diligent about it. People from the DO will be walking school sites and checking to see how we are following the protocol. The impact of losing anyone from our site is too great! On the first day of school, a principal, all the MDS, the custodian and the cook were preparing meals together. (Just like I was doing!) Well, one of those members ended up testing positive the next day. The result- all of those people are on quarantine for 14 days. 

My goal is to be the school with the least classes quarantined. We can only control what we can control, but we can always be super careful! 

Meal Update: I would like to start doing a lunch count this week. We are trying to cut down on waste, so we started putting less in the baskets. If you find that you do not have enough, just let us know and we will get more to you. Important Change: Please have a student, or two, bring your empty baskets to the MP after snack, in the morning, and after they grab their lunches, in the afternoon. (Kinder/1, we can come up with a different plan.) Have them drop the baskets outside the door on the upper grade side. I will put a sign on the door, so they know they are in the right place. Thank you!!

Extra Help: Our MDS, Candi Terry, is supporting some of our kinder students as an IA. She is not needed all the time, so she is available to do prep work in the office. You can drop it with Luisa and she will work on it as she has time. 

Reminder: No School Wednesday! I am a fan of 'easing back into things.'

Stoneridge Mantra: To create a consistent environment for our staff, students and each other where we feel safe, united and excited to learn and grow as a team.

Have a wonderful week!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...