Sunday, March 19, 2023

Sunday, March 19

 

Happy Sunday! I know you all know that life can take a turn at any moment, and when it does, we do a lot of reflecting. My dad getting sick so suddenly and not knowing what is causing it, or how to stop it, has been excruciating. However, in all of this, we are all focusing on the positives because that is what my dad taught us to do. He is still here and still coherent. While on a ventilator, he writes notes and flips my brother off daily. We have decided 'the bird count' is a good measure of how he is doing. At this moment, he seems to be making positive progress and that is the best news!! 
I do want to share a little about my dad because, like I said, moments like these make you think about all of the things. My dad, Greg, is one of the most selfless, caring people you will ever meet. He takes everyone in and helps them however he can. We have the biggest family you have ever seen! And because of how he gives and cares, the entire town of Pleasanton has been affected by his critical illness. It is like a full time job for my mom to keep everyone updated. Actually, that reminds me of a funny story. One of my friends called me while I was next to him at the hospital and asked how she could help. She asked if she could Door Dash or something. I said, 'Thank you so much, but my dad was the quasi-mayor of Pleasanton and we have a ton of support.' As soon as I hung up the phone, my dad spelled with his finger 'not was but is.' Saying he wasn't the mayor, but still is the mayor. He is still there! And last night, he was trying to set up my sister with the male night nurse. In all of this, we have had several laughs and are very hopeful. 

All of this to say, thank you to all of you. The biggest THANK YOU to Rori who has made it so easy for me to be here and be present. I know I don't have to worry. I also know it is more than just her. Thank you all for your support and for doing what you do. I will be back tomorrow but will likely be gone every couple of days so I can spend some time with my dad. 

Teacher Who Make A Difference: Please share your nominations for Teacher Who Make A Difference. Which of your colleagues would you like to recognize for the amazing work they do? Send their name to me with a reason why, 

Walking Challenge Winner!! This week's walking challenge winner is: Poppi Canepa ⭐

Way to go, Poppi!! 

Since the winners are per week, you can jump in, if you like. Add your name here:
** Prizes will be distributed at the end of the challenge. 

Reminders and Updates:

Reminder: Please give your field trip lunch count directly to Ana (in the kitchen not her box) TWO weeks prior to your field trip.  Thank you!

Safety: Courtyard Gate
Moving forward we are going to be closing the exterior gate door to the courtyard off the workroom and staff lounge as an added security in case one of the doors into the building is left open. Thanks!

PBIS Bit
Wondering what the red circles are that have been sprinkled throughout campus? These are for our PBIS driveway signs and interior walkway signs. They will have a corresponding label painted on them so our amazing safety patrol and leadership students know where to place what sign. 

Did you know... Cathay Wallace hiked up an active volcano with her family, where they stayed overnight in a lodge overlooking the eruption at night. The next day, they swam in its hot springs.

Did you know one of our staff members and her sister have the same exact birthmark in the same exact spot. Who is it?

What makes you unique??: I am almost through my list, so feel free to add another or if you haven't already, please add an interesting fact here: Unique Fact 

Coming Up This Week:

Monday, 3/20: 

Tuesday, 3/21: IEP Day; Staff Meeting at 2:20pm

Wednesday, 3/22: Safety Drill- Shelter @ 8:30am, SAM Meetings by invite only. 

Thursday, 3/23: 

Friday, 3/24: Morning Flag Salute at 7:50am



Fun Fact of the Week:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...