Sunday, January 15, 2023

Sunday, January 15

 

Happy Sunday! As I shared after school Friday, change is coming. This will be my last year at Stoneridge as I leave to open Westbrook Elementary. This is truly a dream come true for me and I am so excited for this opportunity, but that does not make this change any easier. I absolutely love coming to work each day. I love each of you, the kids and the community. We are family- We are Stoneridge. When people ask how long I have been at Stoneridge, I honestly cannot answer. When you think of everything we have been through, it feels like a lifetime. I have enjoyed working with each of you and have learned so much! That being said, our work is not done. We have the year to finish and we will do it well!! 

Now, back to business...

We have signed up with Sami Kadar for his virtual content. He will come to Stoneridge, if we are interested! You will get an email from him every Sunday.

Before you get started, watch this video: Sami Staff Info

It is a 20 minute video each week and he teaches some really important life skills. I would love if you could plug this into your weekly schedule. I know, finding the time is tough, but it is valuable learning. Thank you!

A huge thank you to Christina and Shannon! They have been working on I Love Reading Month and setting up an author visit with Erin Dealey and she is coming! 

Mark you calendars

Author Erin Dealey Assembly is Thursday, February 16th 

Here is our tentative schedule (please let Christina or Shannon know if this will not work for your team). 

8:00 - 8:45  TK/K/1  

9:00 - 9:55  2nd/3rd

10:15 - 11:15 4th/5th 

11:30 - 12:35 Luncheon - (sandwiches...hopefully provided by PTC )

Book signing in the Library 12:45 - 1:45 for 1st - 5th grades (TK and K - we will try to have Bookplates signed ahead of time).



Fire Safety Assembly: The fire department is going to come do a fire safety assembly on Feb. 3. Luisa and I are working on the times and will share them soon. 
Grades 3-5: GATE testing is coming and I wanted you to know in case you get questions. Testing will be Wednesday, 1/18, from 12:45-2pm. 3rd graders will be in rooms 35 and 36. 4th and 5th graders will be in the MP. We have a lot of kids testing this year. 

Did you know...  Robin Santos was banned from Toys R Us for crashing into a big display during a pogo stick race with my roommates and an old man... and this was when she was in college!

Did you know one of our staff members was a nanny for Jack Blades (lead singer of Night Ranger and Damn Yankees) during college. She has also met Ozzy Osbourne, CeCe Deville, Tommy Shaw, and Ted Nugent. Wow!

What makes you unique??: If you haven't already, please add an interesting fact here: Unique Fact

Coming Up This Week:

Monday, 1/16: No School

Tuesday, 1/17: PLC Leadership meeting at 2:20pm

Wednesday, 1/18: Brooks off site in the AM and SAM meetings by invitation only.

Thursday, 1/19: PACK (Proactive) assembly at 9:15am and PTC meeting at 2:30pm. 

Friday, 1/20: Morning Flag Salute at 7:50am

Birthdays This Week🎈🎉 

Hanna Cheberenchyk: January 19th

Fun Fact of the Week:


Make it a great week! (Finally caught myself) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...