Sunday, August 28, 2022

Sunday, August 28

Happy Sunday!! Well, we made it through our first fire drill! I know it sounds crazy, but I am actually happy it went the way it did because I was able to learn the ins and outs of our alarm. Before, I would just go and push the buttons I was instructed to and sometimes it would work. Ha! Now, I know HOW it works and can help others. We will add that to the 'things I didn't realize I needed to know' list. The bottom line: you can go into the next fire drill confident we will not have a repeat of Friday's drill! 

Drill/Raptor Feedback: If you haven't already, please share your issues and feedback with Raptor. If you could not log in or take attendance, I need you to add your name to the Google Doc. Thank you for taking the time to do this. 

Drill/Raptor Feedback

Last week was a busy week! Although it was busy, it was fabulous! The parents were so excited to be part of our assembly recognizing their children. It feels so good to add back some of the 'normal' things! 

Daily Schedules: I will be creating my schedule to come into classes. When I come through, I will be looking for things like ELD structured support, Second Step, RTI time and small group time. Having your schedules will help guide my walk throughs. Please add your schedule to this folder:

22/23 Daily Schedules

Adjunct Duties: Here is the list of Adjunct Duties that you signed up for. Please remember that one person needs to take the lead role, check in with me and then get it up and running. I have included the list for you to look at. Also, add your name, if needed. Some things do not have anyone signed up, so they will not be able to happen this year. Which is OK! Let me know if you will be taking the lead and let's start planning. 

Adjunct Duties

PBIS Pop Up: As Kelly mentioned, we would be sharing an idea bank. Please take and share ideas on this document:

PBIS Incentive Idea Bank

EL Reminder

  • Initial ELPAC: we have 8 students who are either finishing or need to complete the initial ELPAC. We will have an examiner on campus on 8/31 to do this. 
  • Newcomer Support: Here is a link to some great resources for Supporting Our Newcomers in RCSD
  • Attention 3-5th grade teachers: Rosetta Stone-if you have a student in need of intense language support please complete this form as soon as possible as our licenses are limited.   2022-2023 Rosetta Stone Form
Coming up This Week:
Monday, 8/29: LITE Meeting @ 2:45pm at DO
Tuesday, 8/30: Staff Meeting @ 2:20pm in Staff Room
Wednesday, 8/31: K/1 Lexia Training on Zoom at 1:45pm and SSP Meeting by invite only. 
Friday, 9/2: Friday Morning Flag Salute at 7:45am

Birthdays This Week🎈🎉 
Sara Franco: August 28th
Melissa Oxenham: September 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...