Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunday, April 26


Happy Sunday! 
Two weeks down! And five weeks to go! Not that anyone is counting. Please focus only on getting through these five weeks and taking care of yourselves. We will get through this together. 

I am working hard to figure out everyone's placements for next year because I know that the unknown is uncomfortable. This is a strange and difficult time. It is becoming very clear that next year will not be back to normal. However, we do not know what it will look like. There are smart people in the right seats doing the hard work, so you don't have to think about next year yet. 

My goal is not to turn your worlds upside down on top of everything going on. We have open positions, a freeze on hiring, and projections to dissolve at least one class at Stoneridge. I have to navigate all of that before I can confidently make assignments. Of course, with all of those factors, change is inevitable. 

A few other things:


1) Grade Level Collage: If your grade level would like to share a collage with me, I would love to post them on our Facebook page. I am going to post kindergarten on Monday and then post a different one daily. 


2) It is time for Teachers Who Make a Difference! I love to have your participation in who is chosen. Please email your nominations to me this week! 

3) Exciting News! We are going to have an online Book Fair. It starts tomorrow. You are welcome to share the link and news with your families as soon as you like. I will be including it in the blog tomorrow. This is the link:
Online Book Fair

A reminder that Thursday, from 9-1 pm is both curriculum pick up for TK and K and the first library book drop off day. I will have a few more drop off days. Stay tuned for the dates. 

We have our PLC meetings and then our staff meeting on Wednesday. I look forward to seeing all of you.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...