Sunday, October 10, 2021

Sunday, October 10


Happy Sunday!! Are you wondering why in the world I would have a picture of Squid Game?? Have you heard of Squid Game? I am thinking you probably have because it one of the biggest shows right now. If you haven't seen it, the premise is taking an innocent childhood game, like red light green light, and taking it to a well, disturbing level. The reason I am sharing this is because not only is this show a big deal for adults, but the kids are watching it too. We had our first Squid Game incident at lunch on Friday. Other schools are also reporting different versions of games as the result of this show. Just be aware and talk to your students as things come up. 

Thank you to all of you that were able to help at the Ice Cream Social. It was a wonderful event that really focused on building community! 

PLC Meeting Updates: 

This Monday, Oct. 11, Rori and I will be coming around to grades 3-5 (each grade individually) to talk about the form you filled out regarding the curriculums you are using. 

The following Monday, Oct. 18, Rori and I will be coming around to grades K-2 (each grade individually) to follow up on our curriculum conversation. 

PACK Passes: Keep flooding the kids with those PACK passes!! We are still focusing on recess behavior but you can use them for anything positive! The kids are very excited. 

Last Week's Walk Up Song was..... Melissa Oxenham! 

Here is her song again: Melissa's Walk Up Song

This is why she chose that song:

Yacht Rock is my jam! My best day is listening to yacht rock on the beach with a glass of Chardonnay.

Here is this week's Walk Up Song: 

Mystery Walk Up Song

Let me know who you think it is! Send me your guesses. Ally is the best guesser!!

If you haven't added your song, here is the form: Walk Up Song

Coming Up This Week:
Wednesday, 9/13, at 3:30- PBIS Meeting
Friday, 9/15, at 10am- Earthquake Drill without evacuation (I know this is soon after the drill this week. It is supposed to be The Great American Shake Out. I may end up changing the date.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...