Sunday, October 25, 2020

Sunday, October 25

Happy Sunday!

Holy Cow! I cannot believe it is the 25th of October already. I also cannot believe our dreams of having students in their seats is coming true so soon! 

This is a picture from Magic School Bus when the bus landed on Mars and is particularly fitting right now. The reason I say that is because we need to think of the school these children are coming back to as if it were a school on Mars. It is a completely different school than any school anyone has been to before. We have to keep this in mind as we welcome the students back. No matter what grade, they will need to be taught rituals and routines as though it is their first year of school ever. 

I must admit, personally I feel better as we learn the processes and procedures that will be put in place. I think it is because it makes me feel like I know where we are headed versus existing in the unknown. As always, there is more information coming this week. I will keep the updates coming your way. 

I will continue to remind you to focus on what you can control versus what you cannot. We have already spent a lot of time stressing about things that changed or never happened. 
I love this quote:
“I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them have never happened,” renowned American author Mark Twain.
That being said, we are experiencing a lot of troubles we could have never imagined!! But within that, there is room to worry about even more. Focus on what we can control. 

Now for the information! Otherwise known as 'Updates and Changes.'

Schedule: I have only received votes for the Schedule B that I proposed. I would like to move forward with that schedule. You can view it here: Recess Schedule

I will be sharing a document next week for you to work out a duty schedule. You will only be covering the AM recesses. I will work to get the afternoon recesses covered.

Information about teacher changes: The district is meeting on Monday to create a timeline for the release of information. I will share that information with you as soon as I get it. I know you want to share the information and parents want to know, but it is what it is. We just have to roll with it! 

November 2nd, Staff Meeting: Speaking of updates and changes... school sites are not allowed to meet in person on November 2nd. We have breakfast for you and then will have our meeting on Zoom.
As we move forward, please be mindful when your PLC's meet. And by mindful, I mean either meet socially distanced with masks, or on Zoom. When students come back into the classroom, each of our exposure increases. If one teacher is unknowingly exposed and then meets in their PLC, all teachers in that PLC will have to quarantine. That puts us in an extremely difficult position of trying to find multiple subs, not to mention many other issues! 

Wednesday, Oct. 28-Meeting: As of right now, I am going to keep in a PLC Leadership meeting. If I decide to change it to a Staff Meeting, I will let you know!

Question Document: I know there are a lot of questions and I will work to get you answers. 
Please put your questions on this document: School Opening Question Document

Data Discussions: I will be sending invites to your PLC's for days that I will be joining your PLC to look at data together. After report cards are done, it is a great time to update your original data sheets and take a look at student progress. 

Have a great week!
And a much needed funny!








No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...