Friday, March 27, 2020

Friday, March 27

Hello Everyone!

First and foremost, thank you for yesterday. It was seriously, the best day ever!! The kids and families were over the moon to see each of you. Thank you to Melissa and Jenny for figuring out the route!
And a HUGE thank you to Tamberlyn for being the Timberwolf. The kids went nuts for the Timberwolf and I know that cute outfit was not easy to wear!! 

I have information about next week that I wanted to share before Sunday. I am doing it BLOG style so the format is familiar. As a disclaimer, there is a possibility that I will not be doing a BLOG this Sunday. However, with the way things are changing, I may have a lot to share with you by then. 
Just keep you hands and arms inside the ride at all times and HANG ON!!! 

I wanted to give you a little guidance regarding material distribution next week. As you saw, you may come to campus Monday and/or Tuesday to get materials prepared to go home. What should be sent home: Those Core materials needed for instruction through May and children’s eyeglasses. There should be very few copies being made if you are using the core materials. Less is more!
In the work room, people should Wash-in to copy and Washout. PLCs should try and be aligned, if possible. On Monday or Tuesday, I need your help getting things arranged for distribution. I will be distributing from the front of the school in a ‘drive through’ fashion.
If you could please: 1) Bring the materials to the staff room where I will have a label for your class. 2) Clearly label items with the student’s first and last name. 3) Arrange them in alphabetical order by last name. I am going to request that parents bring a bag to put items in. I will be sharing all of this information with parents. Here is the Parent Letter. Please share it with your parents on Monday afternoon. I will be emailing it Monday morning. Let me know if you have any questions about this process.


Upcoming Meetings: We will have our scheduled PLC meeting on Monday and Tuesday. We will not have a staff meeting this week. I have already changed the date of our meeting to April 15. There will not be any meetings during the Spring Break week. Access to Campus: Please do not access campus without notifying me. Maintenance is monitoring our every move on campus and it adds additional pressure on them if people are on campus and they do not know about it ahead of time.
 


Ok, that is all for this 5 minutes. Have the BEST weekend! Turn off the computers and put your feet up for a bit. I know that navigating through all of this can feel like the weight of the world is sitting on your shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...