Sunday, March 29, 2020

Sunday, March 29

Hello Stoneridge! 

I couldn't do it. I could not resist the urge to share another blog post today! Ha!
Actually, I was so focused on the logistics of getting materials to parents that I neglected to review the expectations for lesson planning. 

I will be meeting with your PLC's on Monday and Tuesday, as scheduled. During those meetings, I will be going over the lesson plan guidelines in detail. In the meantime, look at the Distance Learning website. They have templates for you to use. 

Distance Learning Website

The expectation is that you send me your first two weeks of lesson plans by this Friday, 4/3. After Spring Break, you will be staying one week ahead with your lesson plans. The lesson plans should be similar to the template provided. If you want to use a different format while including the same pieces, that is ok. See below for clarification:

Starting the week of April 12th, every Sunday you will upload to your google classroom five daily lesson plans (one for each day of the week).  Each daily lesson plan should consist of the following:

Morning Message:  A positive video of you explaining the activities to be completed that day. 

Clear Learning Targets: Well designed Learning Intentions and Success Criteria are still key in guiding student learning.

Lesson Plans: Detailed daily lesson plans for your contents areas.  Teachers should be using district adopted curriculum for the majority of core lessons.  

K-5th should include daily Reading, Writing and Math lesson plans.

Check for Understanding: A way for students to synthesize their learning for the day. Can be digital or paper/pencil.  

Daily Optional Activities: Additional recommended activities that teachers can share to support the work of the week or day.

I know that is a lot. I know all of this is a lot. Please please please read the message below and take it to heart. Let it be your guide through all of this. 

For Monday and Tuesday, I will have the staff room/office set up for you to drop your materials off. There will be a table with your name on it. I am pretty sure it will be spread out all over the office. I am having parents bring bags with the child's name and teacher on it, mostly because I want the parents to give me something with the information I need in order to keep the process moving efficiently. If you want to have your things bagged and ready to go, that is completely fine! 

See you Monday and Tuesday! Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions! 
Enjoy the rest of your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...