Sunday, October 30, 2022

Sunday, October 30

 

Happy Sunday!! I hope you are all having a great weekend. For whatever reasons, Halloween is one of those times of year that make it abundantly clear that humans are very unique and each bring their own gift to everything. What I mean is that I think you would agree with me if I said that some people are Halloween people and some are not. Some people go absolutely bonkers for Halloween. I will be honest, I do not. My siblings and I blame our parents because it was not their favorite holiday. 
So, why do I even mention this? Last night, we went to one of our neighbor's houses because they have a 'show' nightly. Ok, this is not a small show. They have an entire light show with sparklers and snow!! It is absolutely incredible and a neighborhood  highlight. We also have neighbors who built an entire pirate ship in front of their house, solely for Halloween. As crazy as I may think they are, I am very thankful for them because they are providing so much magic for both children and adults. Rather than beat myself up, I remind myself that I may not bring the Halloween magic, but I bring the magic elsewhere! We each have our own unique, magic. I encourage you to bring your own magic and to recognize everyone else's. 

Beginning tomorrow, we will have 2 days of learning and growth. It is going to be great. So you can mentally prepare, the days will look like this:

Monday:
8am: Meet in the library. We will have some fun and you will need your phone. 
The morning topics will include some SSP/Behavior updates and then the math essential standards.
11:30am: Jesse Bennett will be here to lead us through some yoga. Dress comfy!
12:00pm: We will break for lunch and the afternoon will be time in your PLC's to work on the math essential standard pacing guide and common assessments.

Tuesday:
8am: Meet in the library. More fun to have!
Our morning topic will be PBIS. 
1130am: We will break for lunch and the afternoon is for you to work. I know that conferences are coming and there is a lot to do. 

Thank you to all of you for your participation in the door decorating contest and the parade. It was such a fun day! The Harvest Spooktacular was absolutely amazing and there were so many families here!! What a great week! 

Did you know... Angela Primavera swam in the bay from Alcatraz to San Francisco not once, but twice!? (She still has no idea why on earth she would do that!) Way to go, Angela! I got lots of guesses for that one, but no one guessed Angela.

Did you know one of our staff members doesn't have a middle name? Who is it?

What makes you unique??: If you haven't already, please add an interesting fact here: Unique Fact

Coming Up This Week:

Monday, 10/31: PD 8am-3pm in library

Tuesday, 11/1: PD 8am-3pm in library

Friday, 11/4: Flag Salute and Raffle at 7:45am. Staff Luncheon!! 

Fun Fact of the Week:

Have a great week!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...