Sunday, August 14, 2022

Welcome Back!

 


Well, there you have it. The first two days of school are ✔ done! I can't believe it. It has been a wonderful start to the year and I am excited for what is to come. Thank you to all of you for everything you are doing and for the countless hours you put in preparing. The smiles on the kids' faces say it all!! 

I wanted to share the document with our Collective Commitments. I am so excited about what we have committed to as a staff. I encourage you to print it out and hang it up. We will revisit this at our first staff meeting. Stoneridge Collective Commitments

Here is the updated 'Dates to Know' calendar. I think we have everything squared away. A couple things have changed, so be sure to double check anything you may have written down. We will also get these things added to our staff calendar:


So you have it on hand, here is the: PTC Calendar of Events
We have the Ice Cream Social coming quickly on August 25th! Details will be shared soon. 

Request: Please find a parent to be the PTC Liaison for you class. You can share that name with me or email it to the PTC.

Evaluations: If you are being evaluated this year, you will get a F1 form emailed to you this week. You can e-sign to acknowledge your evaluation. Then, I will reach out to set up a meeting to discuss goals and set some dates. 

TOSA Tidbits

Over the next 2 weeks my schedule is flexible and I would really enjoy coming to visit your classes. Here is a link to sign up for a time. On the sign up sheet, there are activity ideas that you can choose from or let me know if you have something else in mind. I'm looking forward to a great year!

Also I am no longer in the office "room 34 3/4" near the PLTW rooms. I am now in the old tech/speech room in the main office. 

EL Update

We are getting up and running right away on having our students administered the Initial ELPAC assessment. These are students who have not been tested before and we need to determine their English language proficiency status. Three examiners will be at Stoneridge on Friday, 8/19. The examiners are experts and will phone your classroom or come to pick up your students. There will not be a specific schedule. Currently the teachers who have TBD students are: Haupt, Nelson, Schmitz, Larsen, Hardy, Wilkinson, Smith, DeCuir, Santos, and Oxenham 
The district continues to enroll new students and this list is likely to change. Please explore ELlevation for information on your EL students. 
Thank you for everything you do to support your students!

Coming Up This Week:
Wednesday: PBIS Tier 1 Meeting at 2:20pm (I will reach out to members)
Friday: First morning PACK pass drawing party! 

Birthdays This Week🎈🎉 
Kelly Ebner: August 20th



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...