Sunday, August 8, 2021

Sunday, August 8

 

We can do hard things! How do I know, because we do them everyday! And one of those things is making it through the first two days of school. Especially, this year! I don't know how you feel, but there was a whole new dynamic this year. Some kids have been on distance learning for almost two years. For young kids, that is a huge amount of time!! It is also very important time. As I know you are, keep that in mind as you teach your students the expectations of the classroom and school. We got this! 

Lunch: Lunch is going well. One of the biggest things kids learn at school is that they have to eat FAST!! Get your lunch basket systems worked out with your classes. Fourth and Fifth grade classes, thank you for reminding your kids to line up after recess. Things are not perfect yet, but we are working in the right direction. 

Recess Duty: I have to apologize but I blew it. We have many more kids on campus this year, so we have more kids out at recess in each grade level. We also cannot count on Jen, Rori and I to be out at recess. We are often pulled in several directions. So, we will need at least three teachers -total- out at recess for 2/3 and 4/5. You can work it out however you want but please make sure there are at least three teachers out at recess. I am sorry for the confusion. 

Evaluation Year: If you are up for evaluation this year, which is many of you, I will be sending an email to let you know. We will need to get the F1 signed by Friday. Stay tuned for more info. 

Snowie King on Mondays: A huge thank you to Robin Santos for coordinating Snowie King to be out in front of the school on Mondays. I will share information in the parent blog, but you can also share the information with your classes. 

Stipend Positions: I will be reaching out this week to those of you that volunteered to take on a stipend role. I will also be asking for some to fill in open spots. 

Coming up this Week:

Wednesday, August 10 @3:30pm- We will have a PBIS Team meeting. I will be reaching out to members. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...