Sunday, March 15, 2020

Sunday, March 15


Happy Sunday Stoneridge! 

First, an important change. Admin is meeting tomorrow at 3pm and they have asked us to change our staff meetings to Tuesday. You are still expected to report tomorrow, but I do not have any specific guidance as to what you should work on. I will send an email if I learn anything different. Also, I do not have a time for our meeting yet but will let you know as soon as I do. 

Please see this message from Brené Brown, my fave. A reminder that we are 'All is this TOGETHER' and some advice for how we can all get through this scary time. 


Surviving this crisis will take a shift in mindset, and that’s tougher than we think - especially when we’re afraid.

Fear and anxiety can drive us to become very self-focused. This global pandemic is a real case of “getting sick together” or “staying well together.”

Our choices affect everyone around us. There is no such thing as “individual risk” or “individual wellness.”

This is the ultimate reminder that we are inextricably connected to each other. Turning away from collective action right now - as tempting as it is - will only generate more pain.

Owning and embracing our global interconnectedness (from a safe distance) and thinking about others as we make choices is, ironically, our only path to safety for ourselves and the people we love.

We can all get really shitty really fast when we’re afraid. I get it. I’m using deep breaths along with my personal mantra: ” Try to be scared without being scary.” Feel free to borrow both - they can help.

It’s also really normal for everyone to be on our nerves: The people who aren’t following the rules, the 10-second hand washers, etc. I get that too. TRUST ME.

But, like it or not, we just can’t give up on people. We’re all we have.

Stay awkward, brave, and kind. Love each other. Spread calm.

xo,

BB

What strange waters we are wading through. We will just take one day at a time and keep moving forward. 

First and foremost, the only thing I know right now is that things are changing by the minute. I started this blog at 2pm and the information has changed 3 times since. 
I know you all have at least a million questions and I am sorry that I do not have many answers right now. 

I am going to send a message to families letting them know we will be sharing more information later this week. If you could please share with your families that breakfast and lunch will be served on Monday and Tuesday at the normal time. I will also share that information, but messages from you are a safer bet. 

If you had a student absent on Friday and they want to get work, let parents know you will be in touch with a time to pick it up sometime this week. That is one of the details we are trying to work out. 

During this time, remain calm, flexible and remember that there are only so many things we can control. Focus on those. Answers to the other things will come in time. 

Don't hesitate to reach out with questions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monday, July 31st

I hope you all had a rejuvenating summer spent with your families, creating beautiful memories and recharging your energy. As we begin this ...